Although Mac computers are the latest and trendiest computers nowadays with cool interface and features, they are is still vulnerable to a number of malware and other computer errors. For that reason, it is important to avail antivirus software to get rid of these unwanted items on a Mac computer. Yet, in order to determine the exact program to employ in cleaning Mac, certain reviews on a number of antivirus software were solicited to help Mac user in deciding which among them to install.
The following are the current reviews done on Mac antivirus freeware:
- MacKeeper for Mac – this software can handle with ease the routine tasks and keep Mac cleanup secured, fast, attended and reliable. It has a simple and powerful application for both beginners and experts alike. It is equipped with clean-up utilities, cache cleaner, duplicates finder, logs cleaner, language cutter, old files finder, backup and data encryptor, default applications, login items, disk usage, shredder, wise uninstaller and online services Anti-Theft and Geek on Demand.
- iAntivirus Free Edition – this software protects a Mac against cyber-threats trying to get entry into the Mac and steal personal information. It has a database which is designed to sense and delete Mac specific threats. This facilitates a high level of defense while keeping memory footprint and resource usage at a minimum.
- Avast Antivirus for Mac – this software offers a shield against the latest malware, virus, Trojan horse, and spyware risks. Its virus definition and scanning abilities is always updated several times a day to make sure that Mac is protected at all times. It has a native execution of virus database on Intel platform Macs with fast emulation on PowerPC of assembler-level parts, upgrades definition database while performing background scanning, multi-threaded scanning daemon and fail-safe updating architecture. It also has an incremental updating system that minimizes the size of update files, automatic regular scan, better customized scanning and no pop ups.
- Sophos Antivirus for Mac Home Edition – this software is easy to install and simple to use. It keeps computer safe from viruses and other malware because of its full-feature antivirus. Once installed, it runs quietly at the background while working and makes custom scan to check which files should remain and which should be removed.
- ClamXav for Mac – this software updates virus definitions, shows logging results to a file, locates infected files into quarantine, monitors folder for the changes in their contents and uses a finder contextual menu item.